Monday, October 3, 2011

Trigonometry

It's been a busy day of doctors appointments, mostly involving my arms so I was too tied up to do any quilting! first off it took 2 hours to do the paperwork ready for me to have a catheter put in (minor surgical procedure) for my looming start of dialysis... this involved some not-very-papery things too, namely chest x-ray, EKG, and the obligatory blood test.

After a couple of hours gap, next up was an iron injection, tying up an arm again as they did it like a blood transfusion, taking about an hour again (including the half hour observation period to make sure I wasn't going to react badly to the jab ... not sure what they expected me to do, run around madly quilting?)

But that was that, all went smoothly. i get another iron shot in a week, and should get an appointment for the catheter surgery in a couple of weeks. What a hectic month!

Time for some quilting news! Here are some pics from the Elma quilt show which we went to this last weekend. The theme was very definitely triangles, and this first one was one of my favorites

Blue Dahlia
Blue Dahlia

And here are a couple more:


Jess & Lou's Wedding
Jess & Lou's Wedding


Prairie Flower Patchwork
Prairie Flower Patchwork

My Grandmothers Rose Garden
My Grandmother's Rose Garden

Back to work tomorrow... more rain in the forecast! Looking forward to sew night at Irondequoit Quilt Club on Friday - I need those hours behind a needle, I've got lots to do and today's needles didn't help! ;)

7 comments:

  1. Ugh - certainly sounds like you had your fair share of needles today!
    I am a sucker for B & W quilts so loving that one. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the iron injections give you the energy you are looking for. Might make all those needle pokes and the tying down worth it. Have a great day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positiveness. :D Keep on trucking!! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those needles too.. maybe if they put a bit of gorgeous fabric on our arm and a bit of thread near the end of the needle we wouldnt freak out so much?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to see you run round quilting after an injection to some Benny Hill music! hehe!

    Like Sarah said, some fabric and thread might make everything seem much better!

    Really love the dahlia and grandmother's flower garden quilts, so pretty and tactile!

    Oh and thanks for sending the rain our way too...;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awful trip to the hospital - good luck with the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right, you aren't far from Amish/Mennonite country! I always used to see the Dahlia quilts at the Kutztown Folk Festival years ago when I lived in New Jersey. My personal favorite of these was the prairie flower. I have 25-patches just like that. All I need is the applique blocks. (smile)

    ReplyDelete