Saturday, February 5, 2011

My First Fat Quarter

There's a lovely quilting shop in Decatur, Intown Quilters it's called. There are lots of gorgeous fabrics to peruse, and I was able to get a cheap fat quarter of one I'd seen with little owls on it! There were several colour choices, but I picked blue to go with the predominant theme of my current quilt. Here's a photo... so it's going to be 6x6 inch squares when get loose with the cutter on it, but for now I cropped the photo into a circle, just for a bit of geometric change :)



They also had a fabric with aligators on it, which I want too, but I figured it wouldn't fit in with this quilt's fabrics so I'm leaving the snappy little fellow for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. I want I want I want!

    I'll have to put a picture up of the owl fat quarter I used to make a shopper for you to see. Owls are just so cute!

    But apparently the new 'in thing' this season is foxes, so I'll keep my eye out for a foxy print for you. Made a good choice with the colour as the owls have all the colours you already have in your other pieces in their feathers.

    Don't get too happy with the cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Ah, so it IS the same quilt.

    ReplyDelete