Sunday, July 15, 2012

A stitch in Time ...

What's this then? Two blog posts in a week, what on earth is the world coming to? ... well it's stopped raining so i've come out of hibernation and goodness knows some blog updates are long overdue! I thought I'd give you a quick update on why things have been quiet in Touch And Sew land ... and it's quite simple really, I haven't done any sewing type things at all! The slightly longer explanation is mainly due to health factors ... and I'll update you a little on those! If you've been following me for a few months you'll recall that I started dialysis back in March and returned to Wales in May. I saw the hospital consultant for transplants fairly early on and so several trips to the clinic for blood tests have ensued ... the result of which is that apparently my blood group is fairly uncommon, so I'll be emailing you all asking if I can borrow one of your kidneys shortly ... Haha, not really. I'm on the waiting list for a pancreas and kidney so, since people are generally using their pancreas and don't tend to have a spare one, it kind of rules out the living donor options ... aren't you glad! Having an uncommon blood group means there's less donors but also there are fewer people on the waiting list ... One person in fact! So sometime between Christmas and Easter I should be ready to go! So all the blood tests and heart check ups have taken a lot of time lately, and I've also not been feeling too perky - you can get a lot of nausea as your kidneys stop working and also lack of appetite and difficulty sleeping, and I've been getting all of those and just not feeling up to any big projects! That's why I've not been entering many giveaways ... I feel rotten for winning lovely fabrics and then not getting anything made with them! I've got a fantastic fabric stash now including several lovely giveaway prizes, and they're all crying out to be made into something nice! just to reassure everybody, I haven't given up on quilting but I don't have any great expectations of getting anything made this year ... once I get through the transplant surgery I should be full of beans and keen to get started on all those things I hoped to do this year!

8 comments:

  1. Well I'll keep everything crossed you get the transplant soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear things have been so crappy, but that's great news that you should be set with some new parts soon! Whats the warranty situation like with that? Cakeless living dependent???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilter: Some assembly required?

    Sorry you are feeling icky. Being ill is no fun, especially when you can't really do anything about it but wait.

    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trouble with hoping you get your transplant soon, is you are hoping someone else has no further need for those bits! Oh dear.
    Still, I hope you get really good condition spares sooner rather than later! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Giles, Pretty please- turn off the word verification thingy wotsit! I have good eyes ( well fairly) and I struggle with it! Anyone visually challenged has no hope of commenting to you!

    Love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope for you the transplant happens sooner rather than later. Good luck. Say hi to mum and dad.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping everything crossed for a speedy transplant. Sorry you're feeling so rubbish though. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish - I hope a transplant happens soon. In the meantime enter as many giveaways as you like, all that lovely post will surely cheer you up a little!

    ReplyDelete